Monday, April 25, 2011

An Apple a Day!

The last few weeks have been joyfully busy!  The biggest and best joyful busyness is from two new grandchildren born to our family.  My daughters (and their husbands) and babies are healthy and doing well.  What a blessing!
I hope everyone had an inspirational and uplifting Easter Sunday yesterday.  Now that Easter has passed (move over Easter Eggs), there is a new design pattern to explore.  It is called "An Apple a Day" and I have a special liking for this pattern.  I can't explain it, but I just love it.  There will also be another pattern up and coming with this apple design on it.  This will be one of my favorites of all the Ivy Stitching patterns -- again, I can't explain why, it just is.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I am jumping up and down because I just found something new to try. I have been doing loads of punch needle and I bought some monks cloth for rug hooking but I think I am going to use it for this instead. I just watched three of your tutorials on Swedish weaving and it just looks like so muc fun and so much easier on the eyes then Punch needle or cross stitch.
I an going to be ordering a couple of you patterns soon and I really like Home is Where The Heart Is. and also An Apple a Day.
Will you be available to answer questions in the future if I should have some? I hope so.
I am 1/2 Swedish myself. My grandfather and grandmother were from Sweden. I am also 1/4 French and 1/4 Irish. Nice combo don't you think? Hehehe
Can't wait to begin but I am going to have to till I get my patterns.
Do you have Epatterns?
Thanks so Much.
Jan

Alyssa said...

Thanks for your wonderful comments Jan! I saw your beautiful punchwork on your blog: www.punchdrunkneedleworks.blogspot.com
I would be happy to answer your questions as they come up!!!
(BTW, I don't have any epatterns --- yet).